We’re currently looking for a dynamic, experienced, data loving Finance Director with strong analytical and numerical skills to help drive and improve the financial operations and performance of Tropic’s business success.
Reporting into the CEO, you will be responsible for ensuring that Tropic as a business, meets all financial and legal obligations. A core part of your role will require you to provide extremely detailed, financial insights to lead Tropic to better commercial decisions.
Blending your financial operations expertise and strategic insights, you will help to drive business and financial strategy, creating and maintaining best practice reporting, procedures and policies, and support the business with risk and compliance as well as overseeing , guiding and empowering the wider finance team.
- Provide guidance and advise on efforts towards financial stability.
- Lead and develop a team of nine accounting and finance professionals; helping coach and mentor the team through personal development plans.
- Develop, direct and monitor all financial planning and strategies across the business.
- Drill down into sales data in order to provide accurate data analysis, leading to substantiated commercial decisions.
- Promote revenue growth across all areas of the business.
- Prepare forecasts and comprehensive budgets.
- Analyse and report on complex financial data relating to all business activities.
- Conduct detailed, and refined data extraction, manipulation and analysis across a multitude of company data (including sales figures) required to make strategic and cost -effective business decisions.
- Review departmental budgets.
- Assess, manage and minimise risk.
- Conduct feasibility studies and set financial targets.
- Monitor expenditure, cash flow, and oversee annual insurance.
- Develop and implement accounting policies.
- Manage internal controls, evaluate investments, and manage audit and tax compliance.
- Maintain excellent relationships with investors, stakeholders and the wider teams.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a similar financial management role and experience with effective cost control.
- Strong background in data science and data analysis.
- Experience of working with a fast-paced environment preferably within the skincare, beauty or luxury good sectors.
- A strong academic background, with a bachelor’s degree in one of the following subjects: finance, accounting or mathematics, and ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified.
- A strategic thinker with a strong numerical and mathematical aptitude.
- Exceptional and creative analytical skills with the ability to drill down into a manifold of data.
- Empowering leadership skills.
- Impeccable presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Target-driven with strong business acumen.
- Strong IT skills with proficiency in accounting software.
- Full time role: 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Hybrid working with a minimum of 3 days a week in the office as standard.
- Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon – both 20 minutes away. Approx. 30 min travel time from South West London, 35 mins from South London (Brixton, Stockwell etc.)
- Position available immediately.
- Starting Salary is subject to experience.
Healthier. Greener. More empowered – that’s the Infinite Purpose behind everything we do at Tropic, from funding education with every sale we make to all the plant-powered, sustainably sourced goodness we pack into our multi-award-winning, clinically proven skincare and beauty products. We're here to shake things up in this industry for good. Certified vegan, cruelty-free and CarbonNeutral®, we double offset our emissions, because when it comes to sparkling skin and a happier planet, we believe you really can have both!
Our founder and CEO, Susie, started out at just 15 years old, whipping up batches of our Body Smooth in her kitchen, pouring them into jam jars to sell on Greenwich Market to help her mum pay the bills. Flash forward a number of years and a whole lotta green science-backed skincare later, and Susie, with the help of an ever-growing team, has built a business that strives to make a positive impact… there’s just one thing we’re missing, you!
By joining our team, you’ll become part of a dynamic, diverse and talented troupe, with a big family feel to boot! So, if you’re a skincare and planet enthusiast like we all are, believe in doing good beyond beauty and want to shake things up too, come and join our colourful crew – we can’t wait to meet you!