Do you spend hours each week on TikTok and have more saved posts on Instagram than you can remember? Live for the next big trend or a trendsetter yourself? Are you energetic, creative and innovative with an entrepreneurial mindset? Then you could be our next Social Media Manager!
Reporting to Tropic’s Head of Marketing, the our Social Media Manager role sits within our dynamic Marketing Team, which is made up of creative thinkers from marketeers, social media gurus, content writers to graphic designers and everything in between!
This exciting role presents an amazing opportunity for a social media specialist with a real passion for beauty, skincare to take the lead and build a social strategy that’s innovative, forward-thinking and can take our social content to a whole new level and excels within a fast-paced, environment where every day is different, then we want to hear from you!
- Manage the content calendars for each respective social media platform (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn) ensuring all are in line with the marketing calendar.
- Lead all content planning, delivery and execution, ensuring the whole team follow best practice guidelines and all content is executed flawlessly without mistakes.
- Lead creative discussions, bringing the social, design, copy and wider Marketing Team together to produce world class, highly innovative content.
- Come up with content ideas that are insight-led and resonate with our target audience, driving reach and engagement with new and existing customers. And coach the social team to do the same.
- Utilise market-leading software Dash Hudson to understand the performance of our content, monitor competitor post performance, schedule social posts, and review new imagery and video content to ensure it is successful.
- Conduct regular competitor analysis and stay on top of industry developments and know all social platforms inside and out to identify new opportunities and develop innovative activations ahead of competitors.
- Find new and exciting ways to engage customers via social media channels to drive awareness, conversation and affinity to Tropic.
- Champion brand values and messages across all social activations by demonstrating a considered and sophisticated understanding of the brand.
- Build relationships across the business, working with all departments to execute social ideas and encourage Tropic staff to get involved in social content too.
- Connect with the Social Support Team, who look after community management, to ensure they are kept updated on the social schedule. Advise them on posts that may require additional support, and provide them with any information required to deal with them appropriately.
- Work with the Senior Brand Design Manager to ensure social content is considered in every photo and video shoot, clearly briefing in content requirements to be included in the shoot plan.
- Attend shoots or brief one of the Social Team to attend shoots and capture behind-the-scenes content.
- Work with the Influencer Content and Talent Manager to create authentic brand partnerships.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager to measure, analyse and interpret key numbers and performance to ensure we hit KPIs and report the results to senior management.
- Present to senior leadership regularly on campaign and content plans and results.
- You have at least 3-4 years' experience working in social media with extensive experience growing and managing social brand channels (Instagram and Facebook are a must).
- You have experience managing a small team or at least one direct report.
- You’re a strategic and analytical thinker that can interpret numbers and data into actionable insights and learnings.
- You’re a creative thinker who can come up with original, on-trend, highly shareable social ideas that are relevant to our target consumer.
- You’re passionate, hardworking, proactive and have a willingness to learn; enthusiasm is a must.
- You’re highly organised and able to manage multiple campaigns/projects at once.
- You’re a natural communicator – confident in presenting social campaigns and activities to different parts of the business and managing key stakeholders.
- You’re used to chatting to people from all parts of the business and encouraging them to get involved in social media content.
- You have an ability to interpret, prioritise and deliver actions with a sharp attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable, you’re able to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure. Problem-solving is a skill of yours.
- You have experience using a social media management tool like Dash Hudson, Falcon, Sprout, etc.
- You’re proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- You have an exceptional command of written English, including spelling and grammar, and are confident writing in corporate email prose.
- You have exceptional copywriting skills, including cultural relevance.
- You use social media regularly and naturally monitor competitors.
- You must be passionate about beauty and be a beauty consumer yourself.
DESIRED BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
- You have experience working in beauty, especially for a sustainable beauty brand.
- You have a degree in a related discipline.
- You’re a keen content creator for your personal account.
- You have experience in creating own content (e.g. shooting lo-fi Reels or Stories on phone).
- You have experience in creating organic content for Pinterest and Tik Tok.
- Full time role: 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Hybrid working with a minimum of 3 days a week required in the office.
- Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away. Approx. 30 min travel time from South West London, 35 mins from South London (Brixton, Stockwell etc.)
- Position is available immediately.
- Starting salary is £45,000 per annum.
Healthier, Greener. More empowered – that’s the Infinite Purpose behind everything we do at Tropic, from funding education with every sale we make to all the plant-powered, sustainably sourced goodness we pack into our multi-award-winning, clinically proven skincare and beauty products. We're here to shake things up in this industry for good. Certified vegan, cruelty-free and CarbonNeutral®, we double offset our emissions, because when it comes to sparkling skin and a happier planet, we believe you really can have both!
Our founder and CEO, Susie, started out at just 15 years old, whipping up batches of our Body Smooth in her kitchen, pouring them into jam jars to sell on Greenwich Market to help her mum pay the bills. Flash forward a number of years and a whole lotta green science-backed skincare later, and Susie, with the help of an ever-growing team, has built a business that strives to make a positive impact… there’s just one thing we’re missing, you!
By joining our team, you’ll become part of a dynamic, diverse and talented troupe, with a big family feel to boot! So, if you’re a skincare and planet enthusiast like we all are, believe in doing good beyond beauty and want to shake things up too, come and join our colourful crew – we can’t wait to meet you.