If organisation is your middle name, attention to detail is second nature to you and you’re brimming with self-motivation, we just might have the role for you! We’re currently seeking a People & Culture Administrator to provide administrative support to Tropic’s People & Culture Team in the heart of Tropic HQ.
Great communication skills and impeccable attention to detail, alongside computer literacy and Microsoft Office experience are essential for this role. You’ll need to demonstrate previous administrative experience as you’ll be a point of contact for general People & Culture queries across the business.
RESPONSIBILITES will include (but not limited to)
- Being a point of contact for general People & Culture related queries across the business.
- Providing administrative support to the People & Culture Team as required, including scanning, filing, and data entry.
- Drafting a variety of letters, including meeting invites and outcomes, resignation acknowledgments, contract extensions and amendments, and references.
- Updating and maintaining the shared drives, time and attendance system (Softworks), and HR platform (BambooHR).
- Maintaining all employee files and records.
- Assisting with the onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Updating and maintaining organisation charts.
- Assisting with payroll administration and checking employee clock-ins and clock-outs.
- Performing in-house audits, running reports, and spot checks.
- Organising meetings and taking minutes.
- Assisting with staff celebrations, in-house events, and benefits management.
- Previous administrative experience (previous experience in an HR admin role desirable but not essential).
- Excellent organisational skills and detail-oriented mentality.
- Self-motivated, with a clear sense of ownership of tasks and duties.
- Computer literacy and Microsoft Office experience.
- Demonstrable and meticulous attention to detail.
- The ability to communicate effectively and work well with others.
- An interest in learning and putting into practice People & Culture processes & procedures, which support our colleagues across the business.
- Strong interpersonal and people skills.
- Ability to prioritise work in a fast-paced environment.
- A friendly and warm personality, committed to building great rapport and relationships with colleagues.
- Full-time role: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.
- To work from Tropic HQ 5 days per week during the training period, and 4 days per week thereafter, with 1 working from home day per week.
- Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away. Approx. 30 - 35 minutes travel time from South / South West London.
- On-site parking available
- 25 days annual leave plus other fantastic perks.
- Starting salary of £23,000 per annum.
- Position is available immediately.
At Tropic, beauty means the world to us. This powerful drive to make a positive impact has seen Tropic grow from our founder and CEO, Susie, selling jam jars of Body Smooth at Greenwich Market, to one of the UK’s fastest growing beauty businesses on a mission to protect planet and people, one product at a time.
We have a plant-powered, clinically proven and multi-award-winning range boasting over 10,000 5* Trustpilot reviews and 300+ industry awards (and counting...). As well as donating 10% of profits to charities and good causes (United World Schools, The Trussel Trust and Reef Restoration Foundation, to name a few!), our products are freshly made at our Surrey HQ, with ingredients sustainably sourced from tropical regions around the world, and certified vegan, cruelty-free and CarbonNeutral®.
Healthier. Greener. More empowered – that’s the Infinite Purpose behind everything we do. Does this ethos sound like you? If you’re a skincare and planet enthusiast, our dynamic, diverse, and talented team needs you!